Kenjo provides the opportunity to assign Time off policies to your employees individually and in bulk.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
For a single employee
Go to Time off > Company, here you have an overview of all employees and their time off types as well as their assigned policies.
If you want to assign a policy to an employee, follow the next steps:
- Click on the three dots button against the respective employee
- Choose Manage policies from the menu
- You will find all the Time off types along with Policy assigned to each of them
- Make the necessary changes by choosing the policy under Policy assigned
- Click on Save changes
- Start date: Choose this option for new joiners in order to make the first assignments easier. This option is based on the date you have set in the employee's profile.
- This cycle: Choose this option for employees that don’t have previous assignments (like new joiners) and it will allow you to simulate that the policy was assigned at the beginning of the annual cycle. This option is based on the cycle you chose when first configuring the policy.
- Fixed date: Choose this option to select a fixed date for the policy. This date can be in the past, present (today), or the future.
- Next cycle: Choose this option for the policy to start in the next. cycle. This option is based on the cycle you chose when first configuring the policy.
If the policy has proration rules applied, Kenjo will automatically calculate the balance based on the proration rules and the employee profile information.
- Go to Time off > Company, click on the three dots button against the respective employee
- Choose Adjust balance from the menu
- Enter the New balance and click Adjust
You can also adjust the carryover and amount taken using the same procedure.
For multiple employees (in bulk)
In addition to assigning policies one by one to your employees, you can also assign them in bulk. You can do so by following a series of simple steps:
- After creating a policy, you will be asked whether you want to assign employees now to this policy. Click YES, ASSIGN EMPLOYEES.
- Select the employees from the list that you want to assign to this policy. Here you can use the filters to select specific employee groups
- You can then add your employees by clicking on the blue button next to their name or, in case you want to assign all your employees, click ADD ALL
- When you are done, click NEXT
- You will then have to select the Apply date. Here, you have multiple options (depending on the policy settings):
- Employee start date: This option is available for new joiners in order to make the first assignments easier
- Custom start date: Here, you can select any date to apply this policy
- Start of the cycle: This option is available for employees that don’t have previous assignments (such as new joiners) and will allow you to simulate that the policy was assigned at the beginning of the annual cycle
- Next cycle: This option is always available so that you can schedule assignments for the next annual cycle
Once you have selected the apply date, Kenjo will automatically display the Calculated starting balance. For example, if the policy includes the start date proration option, new employees will automatically have fewer days of time off than those who started in the last cycle.
And you are done! This is what the process will look like:
When assigning employees, the list of employees that you will see are:
-> All employees in the company who are not already assigned to this policy
-> Those who are not assigned to another policy with different allowance units (days or hours). For example, if you are already assigned to an hour based policy, you cant be assigned to this day based policy (in this situation, you would need to unassign the hour based policy first and then assign this day based policy).
An employee can only be assigned to one policy within a time off type.
Therefore, if an employee is already assigned to another policy within this policy type (the policy type of this new policy), the already assigned policy will be displayed in the current policy column. If you decide to assign this employee to the new policy, this means that they will be reassigned from the already assigned policy.
In case you decide to assign employees to your policy later and not right after creating the time off policy, you can do so.
Simply go to Time off > Settings > Policy at any point in time and click on the three dots next to the policy that you wish to assign employees to. Then, click on Manage employees and follow the same steps as described above.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article