Once the Digital signature feature is activated, you will be able to create Digital signature requests under the Smart docs module.
- Digital signature requests can be created only for PDF and DOCX documents
- By default, the Admin and HR Admin profiles have permission. Customer profiles with the below permissions can be created under Settings > Profiles and permissions to provide access to other employees
Creating Digital signature requests
To receive a digital signature from multiple employees on a company document:
- Under Smart docs > Company docs, click on the document for which you would like to request a digital signature
To receive a digital signature on a document pertaining to a specific employee:
- Under Smart docs > Employee docs, choose an employee profile and click on the document for which you would like to request a digital signature
- Under Actions, click the Digital signature button
- Under Select signers, choose Specific employees or Group of employees based on the requirement
Specific employees: Click on the + Select signers button and choose the delivery mode (Inactive employees can't be included in this method)
- Sequential delivery: In this mode, the documents are delivered to the selected signers in a sequence i.e. Signer 2 receives the signature request only after Signer 1 signs the document
- Simultaneous delivery: In this mode, the documents are delivered to all the selected signers at once. One document is generated for each employee with the respective employees' signature on each of those documents.
Group of employees: Select All employees or a group of employees from a Company, Office, or Department. In this mode, the documents are delivered to all the selected signers at once. One document is generated for each employee with the respective employees' signature on each of those documents.
Note: Enable the toggle button Include inactive employees to request signatures from the inactive employees
You can use the pencil/bin icon to edit/delete the selected signers during the signature request creation process
- Add a personal message by clicking the + Add personal message button
- Click Send document to request signatures from the selected employees
Post-creation of digital signature requests
Once the request is initiated, the employee will receive an email with the signature request and the document will be available under the My Docs section in the List view. The employee can either sign from the email or from the My Docs section.
Post-completion of digital signature requests
- Once the signature process is completed,
- All signers will receive a copy of the signed document via email
- All signers will receive a notification in the Kenjo app and the signed document will be available under the My Docs tab of the respective signer
- The signed document will have the text "DigitalSigned" added to the actual name of the document and a signature icon on the top right corner
- In a sequential delivery mode, the above-mentioned behavior will be seen when all the selected signers have signed the document
To manage the digital signature requests created under the Smart docs module, please refer to the Managing Digital signature requests: Smart docs article.