On Kenjo, certain actions will trigger an automatic notification alert. These notifications cannot be customized or deactivated. There exist two types of default notifications:
- Notifications in the Bell icon
- Default email notifications
Note: These notifications are not related to the email notifications you set up using Workflows. To learn more about Workflows, check our article Creating Workflows and Email templates.
Notifications in the Bell icon
These notifications will appear on the Notification Bell located at the top right corner of the screen in Kenjo. An orange dot will appear every time you have a new notification.
Click on the Notification Bell to open the Notifications > Activity screen. Listed here you will see all the notifications the system has sent you:
You can archive notifications you have already read by clicking the button Archive or Archive all.
Go to Notifications > Archive to see the notifications you have archived. You have the option to bring them back to your Activity page by clicking on the blue arrow to the right of the notification.
Types of Notifications in the Bell icon
The actions that will trigger an automatic notification are the following:
- Absence requests with pending approval (to Admins, managers, delegated approvers, and/or second approvers)
- Approved or declined time off requests
- Documents uploaded by someone else to your account
- Meetings you are invited to
- Performance reviews you need to write
- In Recruiting:
- When you are mentioned in a comment
- When a candidate sends a new email
Note: The orange dot in the notification icon stays there until you open the Notifications panel. This behavior does not change even when you have opened the referring window (f.e. approved the time off request) before checking the Notifications panel.
Default email notifications
As mentioned before, users of Kenjo will receive default email notifications in certain cases that are not related to the email notifications sent out from workflows.
Employees will receive a default email notification:
- When a document is uploaded to their personal smart docs under Smart docs > Employee Documents > Personal profile
- If an Admin creates their Kenjo Profile
- When an Admin submits a time off request on their behalf
- If the employee wants to reset their password
Note: In the case of uploading a document via Smart Docs > Import > Payroll, the system will not send a default email. Only documents uploaded to the employee's personal smart docs trigger an automatic email notification.
HR Admins will receive a default email notification:
- If a user uploads a document to any other user's profile.
Note: Be aware that these notifications cannot be disabled.