In this article, you will learn how to choose the employees you want to check in and out using the Kiosk.
Consider that, at the moment, the employees for what you enable the Kiosk, will not be able to use the punch clock. This means that,
- If you enable the QR code: the punch clock will be replaced by the QR code reader.
- If you enable the PIN code: the punch clock on mobile will not appear, and on desktop will only appear as read only.
Only Admins and HR Admins will be able to use both methods: Punch clock and Kiosk.
At this point, you should already have:
✅ Activated the Kiosk app.
Table of contents
Add employees to policies
Choose the employees that will be able to check in via the Kiosk by following the next steps:
- Start by going to ATTENDANCE POLICIES > Policies
- Click on (+) Add policy
- Add a name to the policy and an optional description
- Choose the tracking method for these employees
Note: The tracking method that will appear available will depend on the ones you chose when you configured the Kiosk when you activated the Kiosk in Kenjo.
- Choose whether Attendance entries can be edited
Note: If selected, all employees who are assigned to this policy won't be able to edit their own attendance manually.
- Click on ADD POLICY
- You will be able to add the employees. Use the filters to make the selection easier!
- You can select specific employees or click on ADD ALL to select them all
Note: You will only be able to see active or about-to-be active employees listed. Deactivated will not appear.
Once you have created your policy, you will see it listed. If you click on the three dots, you will be able to edit, manage employees or delete the policy.
- Edit policy:
Change the name, the description or the tracking method available. For example, you could enable or disable a new tracking method. Remember to click on UPDATE POLICY.
- Manage employees:
Assign new employees by clicking on (+) ASSIGN EMPLOYEES
Reassign old ones by selecting the specific employee(s) and clicking on ACTIONS > Reassign
Note: Click on the number of employees to also manage who you want to reassign or eliminate from this policy!
- Delete policy:
To remove a policy, you need to reassign employees to a new policy or else, eliminate them completely from the policy.
You can use the search bar to look for specific policies, or reorder them base on the policy name, employee numbers and description.
Employees receive a notification for PIN code
The moment you add employees to a policy with the preferred tracking method PIN code, they will receive a notification with their PIN code in:
- Desktop: the bell icon
- Mobile: Push notifications
To know how to manage the PIN code, visit this article.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article