Kenjo allows you to connect your local calendar tool with specific Calendars in Kenjo. Keep in mind that this is a one-way integration. You can only push data from Kenjo to your local calendar, not the other way around.
To have a complete overview of all your colleagues' absences in your local calendar, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Calendar feature in Kenjo
- Click the Export button at the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the calendar you would like to connect with your local calendar
- Copy the Export URL below
- In your local calendar, use the option Subscribe to calendar using this calendar URL
The available calendars depend on whether the time off type is public or not.
- If a time off type is public, it is available for export.
- If a time off type is not public, it is not available for export.
Refer to the links below to find detailed instructions on how to subscribe to a calendar in your preferred your local calendar manager:
- You can only export one calendar at a time. In this way, you can individually decide which time off types you would like to be displayed in your calendar. To see more Time off types reflected in your local calendar, repeat the above steps.
- Each employee has to follow the above steps to connect Kenjo's calendar to their personal local calendar manager. Alternatively, you can export all of the calendars to, e.g., Google and create a shared calendar for everyone in the organisation to see. This way, not every single employee has to create their own.
- The filter settings only provide an overview of the absences of all employees. It is not possible to include only the absences of some selected employees in the calendar.
- When adding "Who's away" to your local calendar, the time-off policies are not automatically included. They need to be added one by one, as the "Away" filter does not include all other absence reasons in the local calendar.
Although the calendar synchronisation is a continuous process, the calendar updates in Kenjo will be reflected in your local calendar depending on the refresh rates offered by each platform:
- Google calendar - up to 24 hours
- Outlook calendar - more than 24 hours, although updates should happen approximately every 3 hours
- Mac calendar - you can choose the refresh rate starting from 'Every 5 mins'
Note: Not all the time off requests are synced in your local calendar manager. Kenjo will sync all the time off request within a 6-month window (3 months before and 3 months after the current date). This is a mandatory technical limitation to comply with all calendar providers (for example, Google).
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article