When managing your shifts, you often have to remember the preferred days when employees can or want to work, meaning their preferred work schedule. To ensure that your employees' wishes are taken into consideration, avoid communication fatigue, and mostly, save time, Kenjo helps you by reminding you which employees can work according to their saved work schedule in Kenjo.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What are the types of work schedules available on Kenjo?
- How does work schedules differ from shifts?
- How does Kenjo take into consideration work schedules when planning shifts?
What are the types of work schedules available on Kenjo?
As you might be familiar with, on Kenjo there are four possibilities to assign work schedules:
- Company work schedule: functions as the template for your company's work schedule. Usually, companies have a standard business schedule where employees work 40 hours from Monday till Friday. You set the company work schedule up in Settings > Company. If your company is a clinic, restaurant, coworking space, or factory the company work schedule on Kenjo might not be enough for your needs. That is the reason why you can modify the company work schedule on each of your employees' profile. See next.
- Employee's company work schedule: you can change the company work schedule for a single employee by going to their Employee's profile > Personal > Work schedule > EDIT. Note: Remember that doing this will affect the history of registered hours from the past. If you need to specify a different work schedule for an employee, we recommend creating templates. See next.
- Work schedule templates: even when your working days are five days out of the week, it doesn't mean that all your employees work on the same schedule. You can have standardized schedules for interns, full time workers, part-time employees, operators, nurses, doctors, cooks, waiters, etc. That is the reason why you can create Work Schedule templates in Settings > Attendance > Settings > Work schedules. Your work schedules can be fixed or flexible. You can assign each work schedule to different employees according to their needs.
- Employee's work schedule templates: just like with the company work schedule, you can go deeper when it comes to work schedule templates. Maybe you have an employee that has a work schedule template of a part-time worker but can only work two days, while the rest of the part-time workers work 3 days. To edit this specific work schedule template, go to the Employee's profile > Personal > Work schedule > CHANGE WORK SCHEDULE. A new window will pop out, where you can adapt the template to the employee's needs.
|Company work schedule||Employee's company work schedule||Work schedule templates||Employee's work schedule templates|
|Settings > Company||Employee's profile > Work schedule > EDIT||Settings > Attendance > Settings > Work schedules||Employee's profile > Personal > Work schedule > EDIT|
To learn more about work schedules on Kenjo, visit these articles:
How does work schedules differ from shifts?
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article