With Kenjo, absence management has become easier and more efficient than ever. That's why we wanted to improve the absence cards, so that employees, managers, Admins and all users who see them, can easily understand the current time off balance.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Time off cards
- Details card
- Time off cards on Mobile App
Time off cards
These are the new time off cards for our desktop App, for daily and hourly absences:
In these cards you will find the necessary information to understand the balance of an employees' vacations. Below we explain in detail each of the concepts within.
These are the days/hours that have already been used. Time off will be flagged as taken once the period has come to happen and the Admin has approved the request (if approval is required).
It refers to the total days/hours within the current cycle that are planned to happen in the future. This value will be updated as soon as any request is added, edited or cancelled, even if pending approval.
Remember that requests can only be edited before the starting date arrives.
These are the number of days/hours any employee has at their disposal to use.
Available = Total allowance – Already taken – Planned
These are the days or hours that the employee did not enjoy from the previous cycle. Please bear in mind that any change performed on a request from the previous cycle will impact the carryover.
You will find:
- Carryover from last cycle: Days/hours that employees carried over from the last period. This may be limited through the policy settings.
- Expired carryover: Pending days/hours that an employee did not use before the carryover expiry date.
- Pending carryover: Available days/hours that an employee has left to use in the current cycle before it expires.
Note: if you hover the mouse over the carryover days/hours in the time off card, you will be able to see the expiry date.
By clicking on the DETAILS button in the Time Off card, you will be able to see more information according to the settings within your policy.
- Negative balance from a previous cycle: If an employee ends the cycle with negative balance, this negative amount may be rolled over to the new cycle (based on the policy configuration). The negative balance will then be deducted from the Total Allowance
- Allowance Adjustments: These are negative or positive balance adjustments that an admin can perform for any employee.
- Carryover Adjustment: These are negative or positive adjustments that an admin can perform on the employee's Carryover from a previous cycle to add or subtract days/hours. These adjustments will be bound to the expire settings within the policy.
- Extra allowance from years worked: This is the total amount of extra allowance (days or hours) given to an employee based on their seniority. Extra allowance rules can be setup within the policy configuration.
- Given compensation: This is extra time off given to an employee by converting overtime into time off.
Note: We recommend that all policies have the DETAILS tab active so that employees can have a clear overview over their time off.
If you don't have it activated you can turn it on through Time Off > Settings > Policy > Edit Policy > Balance and then activating the Show policy details in employee time off cards feature.
Time off cards on Mobile App
Our mobile app also got new cards, so employees who are not in front of a desk using Kenjo desktop version, can still have their time off information at hand. Simply opening the application and going to the Time off section, they will be able to see the new layout.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article