Compared to recording attendance from the profile section of an employee, My attendance widget helps your employees to record their attendance in a few clicks.
You can provide your employees with the following options to record their attendance via the widget.
- Manual entry
- Punch clock
To enable the manual entry option, please follow the next steps:
- Go to Settings > Home widgets > My attendance
- Click on Settings
- Select the Manual entry option
Under this option, the employees have to fill the timesheet manually to record the attendance. They can also record multiple shifts through the attendance widget.
Note: The employees won't be able to log the breaks via the attendance widget using this option. They'll have to click on the View all button at the right top corner of the widget and log the breaks from the main attendance page.
Under this option, the employees have to simply click on the Check in button to start the shift. Once the shift is over, they can click the Check out button to end the shift. They can also record multiple shifts and breaks through the attendance widget.
Note: Punch clock widget won't be available on the mobile version (https://m.kenjo.io/) unless you set up the system as explained in the following section.
Limiting permissions to edit attendance summary
By default, employees have the permission to edit their own attendance summary and their subordinate's attendance summary under People > Directory > Employee profile > Attendance, irrespective of the method used to input the attendance.
If you would like to limit the permission to edit the timesheet, please follow the next steps:
- Create a custom profile e.g. Punch clock with the option Only submit attendance via Punch clock enabled under Employee's attendance section. In this case, the following options will be greyed out automatically.
- Edit my own attendance summary
- Edit attendance summary of selected employees
- Edit attendance summary of all employees
- Click Save to apply the changes to the new custom profile
- Assign the profile to the employees under the Members section
As per the above example, the following conditions apply:
- Albert Bishop will be able to record his attendance only through the Punch clock widget on both desktop and mobile
- To make any changes to the attendance summary, he has to reach out to his Manager/HR