Compared to recording attendance from the profile section of an employee, My attendance widget helps your employees to record their attendance in a few clicks.
Note: Check out this video about Attendance and work schedules in Kenjo for a more detailed explanation and visualisation!
You can provide your employees with the following options to record their attendance via the widget.
- Manual entry
- Punch clock
To enable the manual entry option, follow the next steps:
- Go to Settings > Home widgets > My attendance
- Click on Settings
- Select the Manual entry option
Under this option, the employees have to fill the timesheet manually to record the attendance. They can also record multiple shifts through and their break times.
- If employees try to exceed the current Max Shift Length, a message will appear indicating what is the max time they are allowed to add per shift. The SAVE button will also be disabled.
- A shift needs to be saved before adding a new one.
- If the employee asked for time off, a dot will appear next to the corresponding time entry.
Under this option, the employees have to simply click on the Check in button to start the shift. Once the shift is over, they can click the Check out button to end the shift. They can also record multiple shifts and breaks through the attendance widget.
Note: Punch clock widget won't be available on the mobile version unless you set up the system as explained in the following section.
Avoid Attendance Overlap
When a user has requested an hourly time off and is using the Punch Clock widget, it is possible that, by mistake, the hourly absence overlaps the attendance entry. To avoid this, the system will automatically split the overlapping shift into multiple time entries.
For example, let's say that an employee clocks in at 9:00 and checks out at 13:00, but a time off from 10:00 till 11:00 has been requested by him and approved by his manager. If the user does not checks out at 10:00 to take his time off and clocks in back again at 11:00, an overlap will occur.
To avoid overlapping, the system will automatically split the shift into two: one from 9:00 till 10:00 and one from 11:00 till 13:00. An informative message will pop out indicating this change.
This function also takes into consideration Attendance Limits. To learn more about how to set these up visit our article Set Time limits & reminders for Attendance.
Let's take the previous example again but considering that the Max Shift Length has been set to 1:30 hours. Since a shift can't be longer than one hour and a half, the system will automatically split the attendance entry in accordance while taking into consideration the hourly time off. It will look something like this:
9:00 - 10:00 shift entry
10:00 - 11:00 hourly absence
11:00 - 12:30 shift entry
12:30 - 13:00 sift entry
A dialog will appear with this information, but cannot be changed. If there was a mistake, the user will be asked to contact the admin to correct the timesheet properly.
Note: break times are also considered in both cases.
Limiting permissions to edit attendance summary
By default, employees have the permission to edit their own attendance summary and their subordinate's attendance summary under People > Directory > Employee profile > Attendance, irrespective of the method used to input the attendance.
If you would like to limit the permission to edit the timesheet, please follow the next steps:
- Create a custom profile e.g. Punch clock with the option Only submit attendance via Punch clock enabled under Employee's attendance section. In this case, the following options will be greyed out automatically.
- Edit my own attendance summary
- Edit attendance summary of selected employees
- Edit attendance summary of all employees
- Click Save to apply the changes to the new custom profile
- Assign the profile to the employees under the Members section
As per the above example, the following conditions apply:
- Albert Bishop will be able to record his attendance only through the Punch clock widget on both desktop and mobile
- To make any changes to the attendance summary, he has to reach out to his Manager/HR
If you want to enable Geolocation to track the location of your employees when they submit their attendance in their mobiles, visit our article Enable Geolocation.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article